Friday, February 22, 2008

Goodbye Jordan, Hello Nepal!

My visit here to the Middle East has come to an end. What a fascinating trip! Working with the team out here was such a treat. One of my favorite parts of my job is working with and getting to know our national country staff. My other favorite part is learning about the country I am in. I love to learn about new cultures, new people and new places! I definitely feel I get a lot more out of my work than I actually give. It’s very stimulating to be learning constantly about the world and about my place in it.

So now I am off to Nepal to help finalize a proposal for the reintegration and resettlement of the Internally Displaced Population (IDPs) that has been displaced due to the long lasting internal conflict within Nepal.

I’ve spent time in Nepal before and am thrilled to be going back. It is a magical place! I’ll keep you all posted on the adventures that lie ahead in Nepal.

No comments: