Friday, May 13, 2011

Snapshots from Philly

A couple of weeks ago, on Easter, Paul and I went to Philadelphia to visit our good friends Anu and Kelvin and meet their new little girl, Asha. 

Anu and I have been good friends for nearly 14 years! We met in graduate school in Michigan where we managed to get ourselves into a lot of fun trouble, but in 1999 she left me and moved to Atlanta so I followed her there a year later. When I left Atlanta for the Peace Corps, Anu moved on to Medical School. But over the years and the distance we have remained close friends so I was very excited to get to see her again and meet little Asha!

Aside from our Peace Corps staging, where we spent an evening and day getting our numerous immunizations, Paul and I hadn’t really been to Philly. It was a beautiful day and we were lucky to be able to get out and explore with the family! Can’t wait to see them again!


No comments: