Sunday, August 7, 2011

California - Monterey and Family Time

Finally! The first set of pictures of my great week visiting my parents in California!  

Monterey/Pacific Grove (where Paul and I got married) is a favorite place of mine so we took a drive down and spent a couple hours exploring Cannery Row and walking on the trail along the beach.


I was also lucky enough to get to see most of my family while home as my Mom organized a BBQ over the weekend! I normally only see my extended family at Christmas time, and typically I am suffering from jet lag during our celebrations as I've flown in from somewhere on the other side of the world. It was great to see everyone this time while I was actually awake!


As I was digging around at my parents house I discovered a Victrola that used to be my Great Grandmothers. It couldn't get it to work so I took pictures of it instead!


But I thought the coolest thing was the newspapers that the records were wrapped in. They were Sonoma, CA newpapers from 1948! There were some really interesting articles and ads...


Stay tuned for Part 2 of my California Trip - Yosemite and Columbia!

No comments: