Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Scavenger Hunt - October 30th

It's been a long time since I've participated in one of Ashley Sisk's Sunday Photo Scavenger Hunts. Too long really! Since I hurt my arm two weeks ago in a climbing accident I haven't been able to take any new pictures, but I was determined to participate this week so I hit up my archives and this is what I came up with. This weeks themes were Macro, Found Texture, Home, Cover, and The Tree.

1. Macro
Macro shot of a succulent at the DC Botanical Gardens - 2008

2. Found Texture
Rusty, gritty texture found in San Francisco near Ocean Beach - 2008

3. Home
Home for me is out in untouched, unspoiled nature. Especially California nature! Photo taken in Yosemite National Park - 2011

4. Cover
In Jordan, many women wear a hijab to cover their hair - Photo taken 2009.

5. The Tree
Lone tree - photo taken on a golf course in Salinas, CA 2008



12 comments:

Felicia said...

What gorgeous photos! They are all so stunning. Although I think the lone tree and the nature shot are my favorites.

Hope your arm feels better soon!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great shots! Love that lone tree. It's beautiful. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/10/scavenger-hunt-sunday.html

Unknown said...

omg..these are beautiful....They are all so well composed and the lighting is dead on.

Tamar SB said...

These are all beyond stunning!! I love your texture and cover shots!

Kmcblackburn said...

Love that "found texture"...I could just look at the details for a long time! And your "cover" photo...brilliant. Hope your arm is feeling better!

Kathy

Gina Kleinworth said...

HOLY COW- these are AMAZING! Love that shot of Yosemite!!!

Ashley Sisk said...

WOW - WOW - WOW. This entire set is incredible.

SarahinSC said...

I love all of your shots! I am your newest follower! Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Beautiful shots! Really stunning! All of them are just so wonderful!

Misty said...

Each photo is absolutely superb. The tree shot made me say "wow" out loud! If you are ever in my neck of the blog world I would love for you to join in our weekly photo challenge called SHOOT. EDIT. SUBMIT. It's a great place to see other photographer's variety of styles and skills.

Aino said...

Huge! That nature is awesome. I love this lonely view. What an athmosphare. Well done.

Anonymous said...

incredible shot...each one a wow moment....