Thursday, November 16, 2017

San Diego Dreaming!

I have been bugging Paul for years to go to San Diego for a holiday, so this year I made it happen! We spent two fantastic weeks in a little beach bungalow on Mission Bay. It was just as awesome as I expected. Our patio opened right onto the beach with only a bike/walking path to cross. Piper could come and go as she pleased, we could sit and watch her play in the sand while drinking beer and watching the US Open. A short two block walk away we could be at Mission Beach and the ocean, where we did ample boogie boarding and even surfing! We rented bikes for the two weeks and rode along the coast, rode to morning tennis lessons, and even to the RV park on the other side of the bay where my parents were staying.

Piper's happy place!


 The view from right out front of our bungalow

 We walked to Belmont Park and Piper was in love with the vertical plunge ride!


 We visited the Children's museum


 I loved the amazing messages at the Children's Museum

 Hiked in Torrey Pines



 And took Piper to her future school - UC San Diego (where I'm going to be her roommate)


 La Jolla


 Up close and personal with some sea lions!



 Gramma and Papa arrived and we checked out some sand sculptures at the harbor

 Did I mention family surf lessons?! So much fun!

 Whale watching - these are Risso's dolphins (pretty rare!)

 Train ride in Balboa Park

 Like mother, like daughter

 We spent a day exploring the USS Midway

 Top Gun!

 Captain Papa

 Sending coded messages

 Piper got herself thrown in jail again!

 Probably because she tried to steal a fighter jet

 How do I not live here?!?!

 The sharks at Birch Aquarium are hungry!

 Back at Belmont Park, this time Gramma gets to ride with Piper







 Our awesome tag-along bike

 me and my girl 


Gramma and her girl!

Oh San Diego, I heart you!!!

No comments: