Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Photo Scavenger Hunt


As my days of retirement continue I am looking for things to keep me entertained (to ensure that I don’t get bored and want to go back to work J). I’m climbing at least 3-4 times per week which keeps me happy and fills up many evenings and weekends.  I’ve also started running again, about 2-3 times per week, which is more of a mental rather than physical challenge since I don’t particularly enjoy running, but I have found that it does help my climbing! In addition I have discovered Netflix on demand, which is fantastic and has allowed me to catch up on A LOT of TV that I have missed over the past few years. I figure the lazy couch time is counteracted by my climbing and running time so it’s all good.

I’ve also found a number of photography blogs that have weekly games and assignments, which I’m going to start trying to do to get my creative juices flowing. I’m going to start with Ashley Sisk’s Photo Scavenger Hunt. Each Sunday she posts 5 themes and we have until the following Tuesday to capture our version of those themes in pictures. I’ve been stalking her blog for a while now and wanting to participate but haven’t. So now that my blog is active again, I figure it is time to get out there and start snapping! To ensure that I actually do it, I am posting this weeks themes here and in a week I will post my pictures.

These are the themes for this weeks scavenger hunt:
  1. Give Me Flowers
  2. Visual Contrast
  3. Friendship (Quotography)
  4. Before and After
  5. Dark

No comments: