Monday, April 16, 2012

12/52, 13/52, 14/52 - The Macro Photography Edition

I recently purchased the Kenko extension tubes for my camera. They sit between the lens and the camera which enables your lens to focus closer than it normally can. In essence they take a non-macro lens and turn it into a macro lens! But little did I realize that macro photography is actually quite difficult. I had my tripod, my monopod, my reflector, pretty much all my gear out and it took me quite a while to get a feel for the new extremely close focal distances. I tested them out on my 50mm 1.4 and my 27-70mm 2.8, they are both quite different. I started with just 1 extender at a time and then tried stacking 2, but I haven't yet tried all 3 extender tubes stacked. That will be during my next attempt. :)

Since I'm behind (as usual) on my 52 week project, I caught up today while testing out my new macro set-up. So here are 3 weeks of prompts macro style!

12/52 Vintage Charm
I have a collection of about 100 little tiny charms that were my great grandmothers and are quite vintage!


13/52 Look Out For Curves
 I also have a collection of beads from the Philippines. Each one has silver wire curved around them, I had a plan for these beads at one time, I wonder what it was?!


15/52 Just Guess
The prompt said to "make the viewer have to think". I think this is pretty easy to guess what it is, but why did I pick the D?

52 Week Project Photo Paint the Moon Photoshop Actions PSE

No comments: