Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Cape Town with the Grandparents!

So my internet, and phone, have been down for the past 8 days (well not just us, but our whole neighborhood). Thank you Telkom for the great service. After many, MANY, cranky phone calls, fault codes, escalation codes, and even some visits to the repair guys working on the lines down the street (thanks Joan and Glenn!), we are finally back in this century of connectivity! Hopefully it lasts!

So I am still catching up and posting about my parents visit to South Africa. Yes, I take a lot of pictures. :)

We took my parents to Cape Town and they loved it! We stayed at a furnished apartment on the waterfront, which was perfect.


We took advantage of the nice weather and went up Table Mountain the first day for the sunset. It was a bit chilly, but beautiful. As we were up there we watched the clouds roll in over the peninsula while the sun set. It's amazing up there!

 Looking down the Cape Peninsula towards Cape Point.









These are similar pictures to our last trip to Table Mountain, which was also a sunset trip. But I got to use my new Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 Di VC USD lens on this trip (my Canon 24-70 2.8L is on it's last legs, sniff) and I am quite pleased with it (and at half the price of the Canon equivalent, I can say I am extremely pleased!).

1 comment:

Marie said...

GORGEOUS! Love these so much!