Friday, May 16, 2014

Wings and Feathers

This is the third Madikwe post, to see the first two click here (1) and here (2).

I can't have a series of safari posts without having a dedicated Birds post, now can I? You all know we love our birds! Our safari guide was an expert birder which was very helpful as we didn't really feel we could take our sweet time trying to identify each bird we saw when there was a jeepful of people who wanted to see the Big 5 and didn't really care about our feathered friends as much as we do.

Pale Chanting Goshawk

 Lilac Breasted Roller

 Red Billed Quelea's

Pearl Spotted Owlet / Gabar Goshawk

Little Bee Eater

 Shaft Tailed Whydah

 South African Shelduck

 Grey Go-Away Bird

Common Bulbul

Long Tailed Paradise Whydah / Kori Bustard

As I mentioned before, I took a lot of pictures in Madikwe! More pictures coming soon!

If you want to see the entire collection of Madikwe safari pictures, in much better quality than what blogger displays, visit my smugmug gallery here!

If you are interested in birds you can also visit my bird gallery here!



No comments: